Monday, June 19, 2017

Time to Get Serious About SEO

Ok, I'm now into month 4 and a half of trying to sell on Etsy. There is soooo much information out there, it's really overwhelming. But that's a good thing! It's just that I don't have enough time in a day to fully digest the copious amount of videos and articles covering how to market your shop.

This morning I spent a few hours re-listing some of my older items, and double checking the titles, tags, and information on each listing. Or at least, until I started going stir crazy because I knew I had to get out to the market before it got too busy. To my surprise, the older listings didn't have the latest "Important Info"! Oh boy. So, I had some work to do.

Let's see if changing the titles and tags will affect views and hopefully sales. I know it should, I just don't know if I'm doing it correctly. As I type this, I'm listening and watching a video on "How to get buyers to your shop". Yes, I'm multi-tasking! There's only 30min left till my afternoon will be filled up with chauffeuring, cleaning up the kitchen, and doling out snacks.

Items on my To-Do List for this month:
• Contacting local and not local shops that sell Artisan wares.
• Posting and interacting on IG at least 5 days a week. I don't tend to post as much on the weekends, because not much creative work gets done in the house when it's full.
• Read articles on SEO and building up a "Tribe" of followers on Instagram.
• Think about creating separate Instagram and Etsy stores for artwork and jewelry bowls/jewelry.

So that's about it. Onwards and Upwards. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's My Niche?

As I continue to write freely here, by no means with any sort of schedule, I'm finding I should follow some of the steps I've been r...